Workhorse ladles can be fitted with either a single or twin bottom pour gear assemblies (depending on the size of the ladle) for slag free tapping of the ladle from the base of the ladle.
The standard bottom pour assembly is manually operated with lever control. However we can offer a powered assembly that enables the operator to work at a safe distance details of which are given below. The bottom pour ladle incorporates a number of modifications to the standard heavy-duty design:
- A detachable nozzle box is set in the base of the ladle
- The ladle has three feet on the base of the ladle to give clearance to the nozzle box.
- The ladle shell is adjusted to ensure that the working capacity is maintained after taking into account the displacement of the stopper rod.
- The stopper rod mounting and nozzle box can be manufactured to suit your preferred choice of stopper rod/nozzle refractories.
- The manually operated articulated bottom pour gear can have the operating lever set to be used at a number of positions over a 180º degree arc so that the operator can be in the best position.
Acetarc Workhorse ladles can be fitted with a powered bottom pour mechanism which can be operated by either pendant or radio remote control so that the operator can be moved to a safe distance during the bottom pouring operation. This is particularly useful when pouring large or awkwardly shaped moulds where the operator cannot easily be positioned to safely to carry out the pouring. The powered bottom pour assembly uses a self contained hydraulic unit, using a flame retardant fluid, and a single acting ram with spring return that will automatically close the BPG assembly in the event of a power or hydraulic failure. The pump unit can be controlled either with a direct acting valve or by a proportional valve to give variable control over the opening of the BPG. The self contained hydraulic pump unit operates on a electrical supply that is connected via a quick release socket. The SAFE-POUR unit can be fitted to motor gear ladles so that foundry personnel can control all ladle operations at a safe distance. The SAFE-POUR unit can also be fitted to static pouring units and pouring systems. Contact the Acetarc design office for further details.
How can we help?
If you have any questions regarding our products and services, please do not hesitate to contact us.
01535 607 323 or email us on email@example.com